June 18, 2012

From the Parsons Family


David,

You are the closest thing to a brother I have ever had and I appreciate your life and friendship more than you likely know. I am happy to be given this opportunity to write to you and share a little story to celebrate your birthday. First, I have to admit that when I was first introduced to you and you became a part of our miserable group in the FSG, I thought to myself “How young is this tan, skinny dude and is he old enough to work here?” We eventually became friends and in spite of my bad attitude, we hit it off. It has been wonderful connecting up and hanging out with you, Dawn and Leah in recent years at your home and we all count you and your family as just that, family.

The day that forever changed you in the hearts of Shannon and me was around the time when Zoe was born, which is well over 9 years ago now. As you now know, as a first time parent, having a new baby at home creates a multitude of unknown’s. Soon after Zoe was born, you came to visit her at our house and brought us the gift of movie rentals. You were the only one, including those in my family, to make the effort to not just visit little Zoe, but genuinely care about Shannon and my wellbeing and enjoyment during that exciting and challenging time of our lives. Shannon, Zoe, Piper and I wish you the very happiest of birthdays and we look forward to sharing our lives with you and your amazing little family for many years to come.

Love you brother.
Dean, Shannon, Zoe and Piper


No comments:

Post a Comment