March 6, 2012

"Strangers are only friends you haven't met yet."

Here is one from a high school classmate you probably haven't seen since high school. The quoted title is from his email that I'll share with you later...

Happy Birthday Dave! Even though we graduated from high school together, I may seem like a total stranger to you at this point since I regretfully have not done as well staying in touch with you as with Caryn.
Unfortunately life has taken a toll on my memory and I can't recall specific interactions or activities with you during our high school "daze". Nevertheless, I'm sure we were great acquaintances back then, and I appreciated the invitation from your kind wife to participate in making this a special birthday for you. I enjoy seeing updates about you and your family, and am certain that under different circumstances, we would have become great friends by now.
So, I wish you the best on this final birthday before you reach the big "4-0", you're a great guy and I hope that today will be a day you fondly remember for many years to come.
Brett Rinn
CHS Class of '91


No comments:

Post a Comment