February 21, 2012

A few of my memories of David

Me again - with another post from an email I received over the weekend. Your aunt asked me to add these fun memories to your birthday blog.


"When David graduated from college, one of his gifts had been a week at a survival school.  Afterwards, he visited his folks, who were living in Yuba City at the time.  I was invited over for dinner, and remember being on the patio with the family and watching David twirl the stick (or whatever it was) around and around and around so it would catch a spark like it was supposed to.  It took several attempts before he was successful, and his frustration was evident.  Let’s just say that patience was not one of David’s strong suits.  And – has this personality trait changed? 

Another time, when I was on a motorcycle trip to Southern California, I spent two nights with David and his roommate (who left the apartment to give us some privacy) in Glendora.  I slept on an air bed in the living room, and one of the things that I remember about that time was how very quiet David was when he got up and left for work in the morning.  I didn’t even hear him leave the house, and I was in the living room where the door was!  It’s an example of how much respect and consideration David shows to others in his space. 

Another experience on that trip was going to the Pasadena Chalk Festival with David and several of his friends.  I hadn’t really been around him all that much in a non-family social situation, and it was really interesting to see how he interacted with his peers and what fun we all had at that event.  It was a very special time together with my favorite nephew, and I was glad he had invited me to visit him."



Happy Birthday from your Aunt Gayle...

No comments:

Post a Comment