February 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Dave!

Wow! I can't believe you are going to be 39. I have to say I am not that far behind (I turn 39 in November)! It has been a lot of years Dave since I have seen you! I think the last time that we actually hung out was at my going away party in Sacramento before I moved to Virginia with my future husband :) What a night that was!!! I think you were living in LA at the time but you flew out to give me a fond fairwell. Thanks for that it was so great!
Well, where to start... what great times we had when we both lived in Sacramento. You were a great friend and always up for an adventure. Do you remember that time when I was working at the German brewery, Sudwerks, and you had come in to say hello and have a beer. I was just about to get off my shift that night and my friend and I decided last minute that we were going to take off for Tahoe so that we could snowboard in the morning. I asked if you wanted to come along and the next thing I know we were on our way to Tahoe at like 10pm at night! If I remember correctly it was record snow fall and we ended up just going to Homewood (after several drinks). Thanks for making life fun in that way. The spontaneous times can be the fun times.
I have to say that during those years in Sacramento it was really nice to have a group of friends like you that were around and willing to do things and take some chances. I think we were in a stage of our lives where we were all single and enjoying going out and having a great time! I always felt that if I needed you were there and always up for hanging out. From Wakeboarding, snowboarding, to going out on the weekends, what fun times! You are a very loyal friend Dave. I always felt that you were very involved with people and dedicated to your friendships. I even remember when you moved to LA that I would come and visit and you would still come to Sac to hang out. Thanks for being such a great friend.
Wow, how the last few years have changed this party animal:) And it looks like your life has settled down a lot too. Now living in Virginia with a husband and two young children I have to say that life is not so spontaneous. We do still get on the water to wakeboard but the weekends are now filled with family events (i.e bounce houses, gym classes, zoo trips, etc.).
I do miss you Dave! We need to get our families together and reconnect! Distance may be a factor but we will definitely have to make it happen. I am so glad that your wife sent this out so that I could wish you a very happy birthday and remember some of our old times as well.
Happy Birthday to a wonderful person and a great friend! Best wishes to you and your family!!!
With love,
Heather, Lance and the Blackmore family

No comments:

Post a Comment